What is Tooth Restoration?
Tooth restoration refers to a number of processes or procedures that re-establish the normal functioning of the dental structure. This branch of dentistry is used to preserve natural teeth or replace missing teeth by dealing with any underlying oral problems such as tooth decay and dental fractures.
At Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey, we're extremely familiar with all types of tooth restoration processes and techniques. Request an appointment with one of our periodontists to learn more about whether this procedure is for you.
SDNJ's Tooth Restoration Process
Tooth restoration procedures we can perform at SDNJ include:
- Dental Fillings: Tooth fillings refer to a blend of special materials used to repair damaged teeth. In most cases, this procedure is used to restore teeth damaged by decay or cavities. Our dentist will remove the decayed part of the teeth before filling the area with this special blend. Materials used for dental fillings include composite resin, gold and silver amalgam, among others.
- Dental Crowns: This is a tooth-shaped cap used to restore a cracked or chipped tooth. The objective of this procedure is to restore the shape, size and appearance of a damaged tooth. Dental crowns are popular because the dentist can match your tooth crown to the natural shade of your teeth, maintaining the natural blend of your dental structure.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are false teeth used to replace missing teeth. As the name implies, dental bridges literally bridge the gap caused by one or more missing teeth. It consists of tooth crowns anchored on either side of the gap to create an artificial tooth. Bridges restore your smile and enhance your ability to chew properly and speak clearly.
- Tooth BondingDental bonding is the application of tooth-colored resin material using adhesives and a special curing light to take care of tooth discoloration, staining, gaps between teeth and chips. It restores the appearance of chipped or stained teeth without the need for surgery.
- Dental Implants:Severely damaged tooth structures can only be restored using dental implants. Implants repair the tooth structure starting from the roots of the teeth. This treatment option offers a strong foundation for fixing replacement teeth. The implants are fixed into the bone socket that requires teeth replacement.
- Dentures:A denture is a special dental device used to replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. These devices consist of acrylic resin combined with metal attachments that help restore the dental structure. They come in two types: complete dentures and partial dentures. Complete dentures are a solution when all teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when only a few teeth are missing.
Tooth Restoration Options at SDNJ
Choosing the type of tooth restoration procedure that's right for you depends on a number of factors, including your health status. When you come to SDNJ, your dentist will carry out a series of tests to determine if you're a good candidate for restorative dentistry.
Your options also depend on your budget. Some procedures are relatively costly when compared to others, so prioritize the ones that directly influence your health and quality of life.
Contact Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey for Restorative Dentistry
Our periodontists at SDNJ are experts when it comes to the placement of dental implants. They receive extensive training in tooth replacement and related procedures. Furthermore, they have vast experience dealing with oral problems affecting the gums and surrounding tissues.
If you have issues with missing teeth or you require restorative dentistry services, talk to Dr. Samantha Aaron, our expert periodontist at SDNJ. She has vast experience handling problematic periodontal cases, including repairing damaged teeth. Take the next step and book your appointment today.