Any patient with a complex dental history or someone who is looking for dental implants should see a periodontist. These dentists specialize in preventing, diagnosing and treating periodontal disease. They're also experts at placing dental implants and treating oral inflammation. If you need to see a periodontist in New Jersey, call Dr. Samantha Aaron at Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey (SDNJ) today. We want to give you a healthy and beautiful smile that restores your confidence.
One of the biggest differences between a periodontist and a general dentist is the amount of education involved. Periodontists go to school for three more years after dental school, and they receive extensive training to treat patients with periodontal disease. They're also trained to perform cosmetic periodontal procedures that a general dentist may not feel comfortable doing.
SDNJ has a full and caring staff of dentists and dental technicians who can provide anything from routine care to a comprehensive dental procedure. Here are the services our periodontists offer:
- Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation: This process is a leading method for fixing gum recession, and you can get it with a periodontist in Manalapan, NJ, at SDNJ. Dr. Aaron uses special instruments that loosen the tissue of your gum and then puts tiny collagen strips under the gum. Dr. Samantha Aaron is one of only a few periodontists in New Jersey who are expertly trained and certified in this leading edge, non-invasive procedure.
- Surgery for Gum Disease: Periodontal disease is any bacterial infection of the gum that causes gum inflammation, bleeding, painful chewing and swollen soft tissue. A periodontist at SDNJ can help diagnose and treat the condition with periodontal surgery.
- Gum Recontouring: An uneven gum line can distort even the healthiest teeth. Dr. Samantha Aaron, a periodontist and gum recontouring dentist, uses a premier technology laser to recounter your gum line.
- Dental Scaling and Root Planing: Remove the plaque and tartar from your gumlines with dental scaling, also known as root planing. It's a preventative routine to fight gum disease and can help those with periodontal disease.
- Dental Bone Graft: Trust a periodontist in Manalapan, NJ, with your dental bone graft. This routine surgical procedure will add bone to your jaw to help get your mouth ready for dental implants or replacements.
- Dental Implant Placement: Dr. Samantha Aaron works with our prosthodontists to determine that best placement of dental implants to ensure your restorations are natural looking and long lasting.
- Sinus Augmentation (Sinus Lift): Also referred to as a sinus lift, this surgical procedure adds bone to your upper jaw. SDNJ's trained periodontists in New Jersey use the bone to stimulate the growth of new bone in the sinus cavity.
- Pocket Reduction Therapy: Pocket reduction therapy is a series of dental procedures that help remove the plaque and tartar from the roots of your teeth. It's used if dental scaling and root planing aren't effective.
If you need the help of a trained periodontist such as Dr. Samantha Aaron, contact SDNJ today. Call our office to learn more about our different services and how you can benefit from them.