Losing your natural teeth can be distressing. With dentures from Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey (SDNJ), you can have a beautiful smile even if you've lost or are losing your natural teeth. We specialize in custom-made dentures and offer several types, including traditional dentures, partial dentures and implant-retained options.
Your SDNJ dentist can help you choose the best teeth restoration option based on your unique needs. Contact us today to learn more.
Signs You May Need Dentures
Request an Appointment
- Severe gum inflammation, such as red, swollen, tender or bleededing gums.
- Difficulty eating certain foods.
- Chronic toothaches.
- Shifting or loose teeth.
- One or more missing or damaged teeth.
Denture Options Available at SDNJ
Dentures are custom-made appliances featuring artificial teeth and gums. Most dentures can be taken out, cleaned and put back into your mouth. However, there are more permanent options as well. This dental appliance provides a natural-looking and comfortable tooth restoration option.
The denture specialists at SDNJ offer several denture options customized to your unique needs:
- Full dentures: Also called traditional or complete dentures, full dentures include an upper and lower appliance to replace all of your natural teeth. Suction and an oral adhesive secure these removable dentures in place.
- Partial dentures: These removable appliances can fasten to nearby natural teeth and are designed to replace multiple missing teeth.
- Immediate dentures: These dentures provide you with a temporary tooth replacement option while your mouth heals after tooth extraction.
- Overdentures: If you have a few natural teeth left, removable overdentures fit comfortably over them.
- Implant-supported dentures: At the name implies, these dentures are anchored in place by dental implants offering greater stabilization.
Benefits of Dentures
Having dentures offers a strong and beautiful alternative to missing or damage teeth. These natural-looking restorations provide patients with many benefits. Dentures:
- Give you a fully functioning set of teeth.
- Improve the appearance of your smile and restores your confidence.
- Support the structures around the cheeks and lips, preventing sagging facial muscles.
- Allow you to eat and speak effortlessly.
How Dentures Are Made
Once you schedule your appointment with our experienced prosthodontists, the process of fitting you for custom dentures will begin.
First, we take a dental impression of your teeth, capturing even the finest details. We will take several measurements to get the bite and fit optimized to your mouth. This will ensure your dentures are as comfortable as possible. Our dentists can help you choose the color and shape of your teeth.
Our prosthodontists then work closely with a dental lab to finalize the customized acrylic dentures. Your final fitting will ensure your dentures are just right.
Maintaining Your Dentures
Dentures are designed to last for years when cared for properly. Maintenance includes regular checkups at SDNJ to ensure proper fit and comfort, as well as these basic hygiene practices:
- Wash your dentures daily.
- Soak your dentures in water or denture cleaner when not wearing them to prevent them from dyring out.
- Remove your dentures at night to reduce the risk of irritation, infection or bone loss.
- If your dentures become loose or painful, schedule an appointment for an evaluation at SDNJ.
Schedule Your Appointment With Our Denture Specialists at SDNJ
As one of the best dentist practices for dentures, SDNJ is proud to bring premier dental restorations to our patients in Manalapan, New Jersey, and the surrounding areas. Our highly skilled prosthodontists work with you to determine your unique needs so they can provide customized dentures supported by your teeth, gums or even dental implants. The goal is to give you a smile that looks great and feels great for a long time.If you're looking for dentists who specialize in dentures, we invite you to
schedule your appointment at SDNJ today.
Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey (SDNJ) provides dentures in Manalapan, NJ. Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey serves patients from the
areas of Freehold, Old Bridge, Morganville, Marlboro, East Brunswick, North Brunswick, Middlesex County, and
Monmouth County, New Jersey.