A Letter From Dr. James Courey
To our family of patients...and their families, friends, neighbors and co-workers
I hope this message finds you well amid the current climate of uncertainty we are all facing. Needless to say, we are all being affected in unprecedented ways by the events surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. On local, state, national, and international levels, we are all in uncharted territory. My intention in this message to you is to inform you of the many steps we are now taking at Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey to serve you best, and to ensure optimal levels of health and safety for you as we all navigate this situation together. Please read ALL of this and pardon the length...it's more important for me to be thorough than brief!
Since the news and developments regarding COVID-19 are changing very rapidly, this is an admittedly imperfect message that can and will be updated as often as necessary to keep you, our valued patients, up to date. Ultimately, please know that we are committed to serving you at the highest levels possible, through any circumstances. We are also fully committed to minimizing risks to you, my excellent dental team members, and myself, as well as all our families and surrounding circles.
Download the COVID-19 Protocol PDF
Effective immediately, the following conditions and protocols are in place at Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey:
- Until otherwise stated, we are currently OPEN for business, with our standard operating hours. Any potential adjustments of hours we are open will be communicated as necessary and without delay. Existing patients and new patients are welcome, as long as they are free of any symptoms of illness.
- NEW "Car-to-Chair" protocol for our patients is active. When you arrive for your scheduled appointments, we kindly request that you call us at 732-577-0555 to inform us that you are here. To avoid having patients and companions waiting together in our reception area, we will meet you at the door of the Atrium and escort you to your treatment room and chair where the entire area has been completely disinfected and ready for you...or to ask that you wait in the comfort of your car or outside until your chair is ready. Once ready, we will escort you straight back to your chair with no waiting inside our office. NOTE: We are also allowing a little extra time between appointments to minimize waiting times and allow for extra infection control measures.
- Our STANDARD sterilization and infection control practices already exceed all state and federal guidelines, including the elimination of all infectious viruses and bacteria...and COVID-19 is no exception. In addition, we are taking extra measures to protect you, including "double wiping" treatment areas and common countertops, doors and restrooms after each patient, and hourly regardless of patient volume. We are also minimizing any potential aerosol creation during dental treatment, including using little to no ultrasonic cleaning during hygiene visits. Finally, our dental masks offer extremely high levels of protection against the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
- Other precautionary measures include instructing all patients to wash their hands upon entering the office. Also, a team member will take your temperature (by ear) and you will be asked to rinse with Listerine or Peroxide before your cleaning and/or treatment. Further, we have removed all magazines from office to prevent the spreading of germs. Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap are abundant throughout our office.
- If you or someone in your family is currently or has experienced ANY symptoms of illness (including fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms) during the last 14 days before your scheduled appointment, please notify us as soon as possible. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a future date at least two weeks after your latest reported date of being symptom free. You will incur no additional costs or fees due to any rescheduling as a result of your health conditions.
- If you are advised by a health care professional to "self-quarantine" yourself due to recent travel OR potential exposure to COVID-19, OR others who have had potential exposure to the virus, please notify us as soon as possible. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a future date at least one week after the end date of your self-quarantine period. You will incur no additional costs or fees due to any rescheduling as a result of a self-quarantine situation.
- My entire dental team, including myself, are under strict orders to monitor our own health and any potential symptoms of illness. In the event that anyone from my team experiences any symptoms of illness, each affected person must self-quarantine away from the office for a period of at least 2 weeks after the latest reported date of being symptom free. NOTE: Our schedule may need to be adjusted according to available doctor and/or team members if this situation arises.
- If you happen to know of any family members, friends, co-workers or neighbors who are unable to see their own dentist because of limited availability, AND they have been symptom free for at least 2 weeks, we would be happy to see them for any necessary or requested treatment in our office, subject to appointment availability. We will also happily refer them back to their regular dentist after completion of their requested dental treatment. Our purpose here is to serve others who may be in need of care.
My amazing dental team and I want to THANK YOU for entrusting us with caring for your oral health! We value our relationships with you, and we assure you that we are doing everything we can to continue to provide you with excellent experiences in our office. We are also dedicated to protecting your health, and the health of all those in our communities and beyond.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via the following methods:
Email: Dawn@BuildingGreatSmiles.com or Michele@BuildingGreatSmiles.com or Lisa@BuildingGreatSmiles.com
When facing these challenging and uncertain times, we can overcome virtually anything when we all work together. We offer our prayers and warmest thoughts and wishes to you and your families and friends. We will emerge from this stronger, wiser and better prepared for the next challenges that come our way!
All my best,
Dr. James Courey
and the team of Specialized Dentistry of New Jersey
Atrium MEdical Arts Building
224 Taylors Mill Road, Suite 110
Manalapan, NJ 07726