Monday, August 31, 2009
Apples have properties that no other fruits have and its benefits have been proven overtime. You will be able to get the benefits of these properties individually with other fruits, but an apple combines everything and makes it simpler. It has been shown over and over that if it"s not simple, easy and fast, people won"t take care of their health.
1) Apple contains Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps greatly your immune system. A lot of people who lack Vitamin C in their diet have poor healing, bruise easily and have bleeding gums.
2) Prevent Heart Diseases. The reason it can prevent both coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease is because apples are rich in flavonoid. Flavonoids are also known for their antioxidant effects.
3) Low in calories. A regular size apple has between 70-100 calories. Eating an apple when craving for candy or chocolate can make the desire disappear since apple in itself contains sugar, but gives you only a fraction of the calories.
4) Prevent Cancers. Notice the plural. We all know that cancer comes in several forms and in different places. Apples target multiple cancers such as colon cancer, prostate cancer and breast cancer in women.
5) Apples contain phenols, which have a double effect on cholesterol. It reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol. They prevent LDL cholesterol from turning into oxidized LDL, a very dangerous form of bad cholesterol which can be deadly.
6) Prevent tooth decay. Tooth decay is an infection that seriously damages the structure of your teeth, which is caused primarily because of bacteria. The juice of the apples has properties that can kill up to 80% of bacteria. So there you have it, an apple a day also keeps the dentist away!
7)Protects your brain from brain disease. Apple has substances called phytonutrients, and these phytonutrients prevents neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer"s and Parkinsonism.
8)Healthier Lungs. Research shows that people who eat 5 apples or more per week has lower respiratory problems, including asthma.
9)They taste great! Not in a mood for a green apple? Why not get a red one, or a macintosh! Their taste can vary greatly, but still give you all the apple benefits. On average, Americans consume around 20 pounds of apples a year, which comes to around 1 apple a week. Eating apples is part of balanced and healthy diet than will increase your longevity, so why limit yourself to only 1 per week?